Who is your "person"?

Do you have a "person"? A Christina to your Meredith? A Rachel to your Monica? You know, the one you can go to with anything, talk to about anything, or even not have to say anything at all to and yet they KNOW? That person. I have found lately that I am fortunate enough to have more than one "person". My people, if you will.


Everyone should have a person. And your spouse doesn't count. Sure, you should be comfortable talking to your spouse about damn near everything but in your girl arsenal you should have someone else on stand-by. That someone else who wants to hear all of the things your spouse doesn't; for example, my sisters know far more about the weird goings-on with my body that my husband probably doesn't EVER want to hear. That someone who gets to hear all of the things ABOUT your spouse in much-needed venting sessions. That someone who would shake off the fog of sleep to take a phone call from you at 3 am because you can't sleep and need to talk. You are lucky to have that someone.

Friendship can be tricky as we get older, what usually ends up happening is our circle of friends narrows. And that is actually a GOOD thing. When we're younger, we think we need to have a whole gaggle of "someones". And that's ok too. Those people served their purpose during that time in your life, just because your paths separated doesn't necessarily make them a bad friend (although I'm sure we ALL have our fair share of toxic friends we have rid ourselves of). They were around when you needed them, and as your needs have changed, so has your circle. My circle didn't always include my mom or my sisters. But now, they comprise the majority of my circle, they are my people...with a select few thrown in the mix, but THEY are my sisters too. They are the ones I can go to, the ones I can talk to when I can't or don't want to talk to my husband. They are my Monica, my Christina, my Laverne...you get the idea. I need them, I'd like to think they need me. I hope you have a "person", every girl needs at least one. Go call/email/text your person right now and just say THANK YOU for being my person.

7 comments:

Michelle Denicola said...
April 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Love this!!! Great pic...you are all BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Baedke Family Blessings said...
April 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Love this post! It is so true you have to have your person in your life or more than one. Like you my circle includes my mom and sisters. It is important to have those people in your life. Great picture too!

Unknown said...
April 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I love this concept! It is crucial to have a person (or more than one).

me said...
April 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM

You are lucky...I do feel lucky too as I have quite a few...I feel like God knows some of us need more than one at times.

Meg said...
April 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM

totally agree!!!

Wendy Fairbanks Hickman said...
April 6, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Awesome photo of you all! I have been blessed to still be friends with childhood friends (for over 40 years ago!) Even if we haven't seen or talked for months, we can phone or get together and can share Anything with each other.

Lucy Chesna said...
April 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

OMG its you Anne M ( I wont post the last name)...I cant believe it...Its lucy from the old board of KMA...I love the blog and come here everyday...miss you

Leave a Comment